Recently retired from years of employment with the Upstate’s well-respected Dog Trainer’s Workshop in Fountain Inn, SC, Sherry knew she would miss the daily interaction she had with the dogs at her former workplace upon retirement. Seeing an opportunity in South Carolina’s Upstate to provide a unique, stay-cation boarding experience for her beloved friends while enjoying her retirement, she created the Doggie Bed & Breakfast at Cross-Country Farm in January of 2017. From daily care and maintenance, administering medications, and dog training, Sherry has a lifetime of experience as a dog owner and caretaker.
A lifelong schnauzer owner, Sherry loves training and competing with her white miniature schnauzer, Casper, in obedience competitions around the Southeast. She and Casper still enjoy taking training classes at the Dog Trainer’s Workshop to prepare for their competitions.
The Doggie Bed & Breakfast
at Cross-Country Farm
Accepting small dogs (under 30 pounds, please!), this B&B ensures a family experience for your dog while you are away – complete with supervised outdoor play with other small dogs, TV time, and couch time with owner Sherry Traynham. The Doggie Bed & Breakfast at CCF provides a stay-cation atmosphere, so you can be sure your dog is not just cared for, but that he/she also has a fantastic time while you’re away!
$30 per day due at pick-up. You will be charged for the day the dog is picked up. Cash or check only please.
Dog must be up-to-date on all vaccines (DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella) upon arrival. It is best to have vaccines given at least one week or more prior to his/her stay. Dates these vaccines were administered are required to reserve your dog’s stay.
• Flexible check in and check out times
• Closed on Saturdays
• Holiday hours may vary
Dog will be given owner-supplied food (special diets, no problem!) and administered any required medications as instructed at no additional cost.
• Regular supervised outdoor time in the play-yard and daily TV and couch time.
• Comfortable sleeping crates are provided in Sherry’s home for overnight guests.
• We supply bowls, toys, bedding, and other supplies to keep your dog happy and comfortable.
• Dog will be given a bath prior to pick-up at no additional cost.
• We will address any medical needs your dog has while he/she is with us. If veterinary care is required we will notify you immediately and make any arrangements necessary with your veterinarian. If unable to reach you, we will use our discretion.
• Training is available at an additional charge.
• Call anytime to check on your dog!
“I love knowing my dog is having a good time while I’m away. Sherry always ensures a fun, stay-cation experience for my fur-babies while I’m out of town!”
Amy Harrison, Doggie Mom